Thank you, Peter and Greg, for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I am still hitting a wall with the hmmer install - even
after creating a dummy hmmer.loc file and a hmmer.loc.sample file in my
tool-data dir.  All of my paths seem to be ok.  Has anyone gotten hmmer to
work on galaxy?  Do I need to restart my cloud instance? Should I get
instant feedback with the invalid hmmer.xml is valid, do I need to
reinstall?

Karen

--
Karen H. Miga, PhD