Does /mnt/galaxy exist, and does it have all of the expected galaxy
components?  /mnt/galaxyData might exist, but it should be either empty or
a symlink to /mnt/galaxy if I remember correctly.

If you're launching your cluster from usegalaxy.org/cloudlaunch, you should
always be using the latest stuff.