Van: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] Namens Peter Cock
Verzonden: woensdag 15 januari 2014 11:54
Aan: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Onderwerp: [galaxy-dev] Pick-you-own columns in BLAST+ tabular output

Hello all,

For those interested in more flexible tabular output from BLAST+, please try
out the wrappers on the *Test* Tool Shed which I have also just updated to wrap
BLAST+ 2.2.29 as well:

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus

One open question is should the interface for picking columns include the
current column numbers or not? e.g.

http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/attachment/4662771/0/blast-pyo-columns-split.png

(Screenshot from this thread last month, where opinion was split)
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Including-descriptions-etc-in-extended-BLAST-tabular-output-tc4662704.html

In future work we'll add some of the new columns added in the
BLAST+ 2.2.28 release like taxonomy fields - but this needs a
bit of thought about how to handle the taxonomy database (i.e.
should we support multiple versions for full reproducibility, or just use the
current version on disk regardless). Most of the time updates to the NCBI
taxonomy will simply be additions, which should be harmless to reproducibility
- but sometimes taxa can be rearranged.
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/issues/20
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/issues/21

Regards,