Thanks for your answer. Yes, the idea is to have runnable executables such
as executable binaries and shell scripts to run via a parallelizing tool
Swift. As for security, current plan is to run Swift enabled Galaxy tools
in controlled cloud instances, which we are already doing.

With this datatype, we are planning to design a suite of generic tools such
that any arbitrary executable can be parallelized within Galaxy and can be
run on Clouds and remote clusters.

Is it possible to write a type file "bin_or_exe" which can detect the
executable bit of data before they are part of Galaxy's indexed data.

Thanks,
Ketan