Thanks Peter!

+1 for including that into the Biopython release process

Cheers,
Bjoern

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've sent this to both the Galaxy and Biopython developers lists,
and hope this will make sense to both groups. If you've not heard
of Galaxy, start here: http://galaxyproject.org - while the easy to
guess Biopython website is at http://biopython.org

Brad Chapman and I are both Biopython core developers, and
are also both on the "IUC" Galaxy Tool Shed committee because
we've been quite involved in wrapping and writing tools for use
on Galaxy.

Fellow committee member Björn Grüning has done a
lot of the hands on work defining package definitions for
dependencies within the Galaxy Tool Shed ecosystem -
including defining them for Biopython, NumPy, SciPy,
MatPlotLib, etc. We're very grateful for his hard work -
most of which is now available under the IUC group
account:

http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/

The Biopython packages, however, are under a dedicated
"biopython" account on the Galaxy Tool Shed to which
currently Bjoern, Brad and I have access to:

http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/biopython/
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/biopython/

This packaging work was initially tracked in Bjoern's own GitHub
repository, https://github.com/bgruening/galaxytools/

We (me, Brad and Bjoern) agreed that a Biopython owned
repository would be more sensible in the long term, so I have
created this and ported Bjoern's commits to it:
https://github.com/biopython/galaxy_packages

Currently the "Galaxy packagers" team on GitHub which
has read and write access to this new repository is just
me, Brad and Bjoern.

Regards,

Peter
Earlier today I belatedly setup Galaxy packages for
Biopython 1.63, for both the main and test Galaxy
ToolSheds:

http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/biopython/
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/biopython/

This could perhaps become part of the Biopython
release process in future?