Hi Turner,

In universe_wsgi.ini, set 'use_pbkdf2 = False' in the '[app:main]' section.

You probably do not need to make any changes to PostgreSQL's configuration
unless your database is running on a different host from your Galaxy server.

For proftpd.conf, the most important bits are these:

# Do not authenticate against real (system) usersAuthPAM
          off# Set up mod_sql_password - Galaxy passwords are stored
as hex-encoded SHA1SQLPasswordEngine
onSQLPasswordEncoding             hex# Set up mod_sql to authenticate
against the Galaxy databaseSQLEngine
onSQLBackend                      postgresSQLConnectInfo
   galax...@dbserver.example.org dbuser dbpasswordSQLAuthTypes
           SHA1SQLAuthenticate                 users# An empty
directory in case chroot failsSQLDefaultHomedir
/var/opt/local/proftpd# Define a custom query for lookup that returns
a passwd-like entry.  UID and GID should match your Galaxy
user.SQLUserInfo
custom:/LookupGalaxyUserSQLNamedQuery
LookupGalaxyUser SELECT
"email,password,'512','512','/home/nate/galaxy_dist/database/ftp/%U','/bin/bash'
FROM galaxy_user WHERE email='%U'"

In your instance you most likely want:

SQLConnectInfo galaxydb@/var/run/postgresql galaxyftp galaxyftpUsersPassword

In SQLNamedQuery, make sure that you change the first 512 to the uid of the
system user id your Galaxy server is running as, and the second 512 to the
system group id. These can be obtained with `id -u` and `id -g` on the
command line. /home/nate/galaxy_dist/database/ftp should be changed to the
directory on your server in which files uploaded via FTP should be placed
(this location is not permanent - the files themselves will be copied into
the Galaxy directory).

Hope this helps,
--nate