On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Nilaksha Neththikumara
<nilakshafree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The newly developed blast+ wrappers seem to be very useful, but it seems
> like they do not contain the function to blast against remote servers
> instead of installing the databases locally.
> Am I missing something there? I need to do a remote search for a sequence
> within galaxy instance so I can automate the process.
> Help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nilaksha

Hi Nilaksha,

You are correct, the BLAST+ wrappers for Galaxy don't currently
support the -remote option to connect to the NCBI over the
internet to run the searches there - we've talked about this
though, and I've filed an issue to track this in future:
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/issues/39

What do you mean by you need remote search for automation?
You can download all the NCBI managed databases like NT/NR
locally, so most tasks can be done without the -remote option.

Peter

P.S. The BLAST+ wrappers aren't 'newly developed', work
started way back in 2011 ;)