Hi Cesar,

      I have tried different combinations of setting:

1.       The default setting, the service can start, but galaxy cannot connect

local      all           all                           ident

host       all           all           127.0.0.1/32       ident

host       all           all           ::1/128  ident

2.       the working setting on the Ubuntu machine (pgsql 9.1), but on CentOS,
the service cannot start

local      all           all                           peer

host       all           all           127.0.0.1/32       md5

host       all           all           ::1/128  md5

3.       The setting I used to test the new created pgsql user and password
under command line. Yes, the password is required under command line as planned

local      all           postgres                              ident

local      all           all                           md5

host       all           all           127.0.0.1/32       ident

host       all           all           ::1/128  ident

4.       Your suggestion works magically

local      all           all                           ident

host       all           all           127.0.0.1/32       ident

host       all           all           ::1/128  ident

      I cannot thank you enough for this simple but magical tip, before which I
never thought about to change host lines as "local" word is so attempting to
set anything for localhost in that line.

Best regards!
Jun