This looks very to similar to an issue discussed here:
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/pbs-runner-deserializes-server-names-as-unicode-tt4663616.html.

The default branch of Galaxy contains changeset that should address
this issue -
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/af5577a24c155fa04aa607ff2fec283634df2fb0.

Hope this helps.

-John