On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Milad Bastami <mi.bast...@live.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Using two commands below, I am unable to purge deleted datasets (from a
> local instance of galaxy installed on ubuntu). I have deleted some datasets
> from the history panel and I want to purge only datasets not the history
> itself.
>

> *commands:*
> *1. python scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py universe_wsgi.ini
> -d 0 -6 -r  *
> *2. python scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py universe_wsgi.ini
> -d 0 -3 -r *
> *results:*
> Purged 0 datasets
> Freed disk space:  0
>
> I can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe a privilege problem or something
> else?? Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi Milad,

There's a simpler way to selectively purge datasets. If
`allow_user_dataset_purge = True` in universe_wsgi.ini, you can use the
"Include deleted datasets" history option to make those datasets visible,
then use the "immediately remove from disk" link to purge the file.

That said, if the process you've used is still not removing any datasets
from disk, you may need to ensure that there are no undeleted instances of
the datasets in question. Are those dataset shared or copied between
histories?

--nate