On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Kanwei Li <kan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I don't see your attempt to use default in the example given. A bit more
>> detail?
>>
>> -K
>
> Hi Kanwei,
>
> My example tool is now here:
> https://bitbucket.org/peterjc/galaxy-central/changeset/198bf927ca30
>
> As per the original email, I have three parameters which are column
> numbers, and I want the defaults to be columns 1, 2 and 12. However,
> on my Galaxy installation they all default to the first column.
>
> I have tried giving the default values as 1, 2, and 12, and also as
> c1, c2 and c12 - neither works:
> https://bitbucket.org/peterjc/galaxy-central/changeset/374143be8e45
>
> If you need more information, let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
>
> P.S. Bug filed here:
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/507/

Trello migrated issue (where I have also commented):
https://trello.com/c/6ugfcLgI/435-507-default-value-for-data-column-not-working-in-tool-xml

Partly solved, rather than looking at the value tag it seems to look
at the default_value tag instead. I consider this a bug (a needless
difference from the other parameter types), but out of backward
compatibility (e.g. the boxplot tool) suggest this accept either tag
name? Would a patch doing that be acceptable?

Furthermore, regardless of the numerical setting, the defaults must
not include the leading c (e.g. 2 rather than c2), see:
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/commit/eb9a26b21bf55266184cf00cfe692f408fdb124f

Regards,