Hey Peter,

  I opened a pull request to allow the use of the value attribute and
to allow column numbers to be prefixed by c. I cannot see any problem
with either change and I have added some unit tests. Hopefully, this
makes things more intuitive.

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/389/small-column-parameter-enhancements/diff

Thanks,
-John