Dear all

After the big success of the "Swiss Galaxy Workshop" two years ago, we are going to organize a similar event again in Bern on Wednesday October first.

https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Events/Switzerland2014

Like last time, the aim is to discuss the status of the Galaxy project,
new developments, interface to other systems, extensions and best
practice in reproducible research. We also welcome participants who are
using workflow management systems other than Galaxy and tool developers
who are looking for such systems to offer their tools to a wider audience.

This year, the workshop will be part of a three day event
(https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Events/SG2014):

 - Prior to the workshop, we run a Galaxy training/demo Day
     on Tuesday September, 30th also in Bern (Switzerland)

 - Following the workshop, we organize a Developers Day
     on Thursday, October 2nd in Freiburg (Germany)

The Developers Day is aimed at Galaxy hackers, tool and visualization developers. The format is still in discussion, but we intend to talk about:
 - defining tools and data sources to Galaxy
 - using Galaxy with different data stores (ObjectStore)
 - the Galaxy API

Similar to the Workshop the day before, presentations by attendees of the Developers Day are highly encouraged. Titles can be submitted at registration time.

Registration is free, but space is limited. We recommend you register soon to secure your spot on one, two or all three days of the SG2014Tour:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SG2014Tour

Looking forward to see many of you in Bern and Freiburg

Regards, Bjoern and Hans-Rudolf

--

Hans-Rudolf Hotz, PhD
Bioinformatics Support

Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
Maulbeerstrasse 66
4058 Basel/Switzerland