I'm trying to add a new datatype to my galaxy instance for genbank
files, however I'm running into various issues. I've followed the
tutorial (https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Datatypes/Adding%20Datatypes)

however that example subclasses tabular, and I'd like to subclass Text
as they're plain text files, and I'd like to be able to define a sniffer
for them (not possible if your type=galaxy.datatypes.data:Text)

I figured the call ought to be something like

<datatype extension="gb" type="galaxy.datatypes.data:Genbank"
subclass="True" />

however, everything I try fails with

> Error importing datatype module galaxy.datatypes.data: 'module' object has no
> attribute 'Genbank'

To avoid this particular issue, I tried writing a separate datatype just
for genbank files (type="galaxy.datatypes.genbank:Genbank"), however
that fails with the same error:

> galaxy.datatypes.registry ERROR 2014-07-14 13:23:23,100 Error importing
> datatype module galaxy.datatypes.genbank: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'genbank'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/hxr/work/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/datatypes/registry.py", line
> 206, in load_datatypes
>     module = getattr( module, mod )
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'genbank'

Here's my lib/galaxy/datatypes/genbank.py looks like:

> import pkg_resources
> pkg_resources.require( "bx-python" )
> import logging
> from galaxy.datatypes import data
> log = logging.getLogger(__name__)
>
> class Genbank( data.Text ):
>     file_ext = "gb"
>
>     def sniff( self, filename ):
>         header = open(filename).read(5)
>         return header == 'LOCUS'

To debug this, I've tried copying the tabular data type completely,
removed all the classes other than Tabular, and renamed it "Genbank",
however this fails too with the same error.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Cheers,
Eric