Currently the checkout options consist of hg clones, and archives that mercurial produces.

Having pulled or cloned galaxy a few times lately, I'm wondering if anyone would have a use for a once-run galaxy instance in an archive? I.e., I'd clone, run once to grab eggs and do the db migration, then re-tar result and store online. Might cut down on build/test times for those who are using travis or other CIs. Thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,
Eric
--
Eric Rasche