Hi Aaron and Eric,

Am 21.07.2014 22:58, schrieb Aaron Petkau:
Hello Eric,

That sounds like a pretty good idea.  If there was a pre-built image
available for whatever release I wanted to test against I could just cache
it and (hopefully) get my tests running a bit faster.  I'm not sure if
anyone else is already doing this?

Also, I remember there being mentioned pre-building docker images for each
release of Galaxy, which would accomplish something similar, but I'm not
really sure how that's being handled.  I think Björn's Docker image is kept
up to date with Galaxy stable each time it's built
https://github.com/bgruening/docker-recipes/blob/master/galaxy/Dockerfile#L51.
So, this could be handled by modifying his Dockerfile to build Galaxy at
whatever tagged release you want to test against.

I will try hard to create with every Galaxy stable release a new Galaxy docker image. You can create a github branch with a specific tag, that will end up as a new tagged version of the main Galaxy Docker image.

One downside to docker is that you need to get it installed on your CI
server, which may or may not be possible (needs a very recent kernel for
example).

So true. SL7 for the win! :)

Docker, Docker, Docker!
Bjoern