On 28.07.2014 13:32, Peter Cock wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Wolfgang Maier
<wolfgang.ma...@biologie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
On 28.07.2014 12:22, Peter Cock wrote:

This is standard behaviour to prevent special characters being used
to construct malicious command lines. It can be configured within
your tool definition using the <sanitizer> tag set:

https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/ToolConfigSyntax#A.3Csanitizer.3E_tag_set

Peter

Thanks a lot, Peter, that solved my problem !

Unfortunately, with this one fixed I now run into an additional one:

There is one free-text text field defined in my tool, which should accept
characters outside the standard ascii code range (i.e. > 127), in
particular, German Umlaute äöüÄÖÜ.

Hmm. This may be very complicated since a lot will depend on the
local server/cluster's locale settings. Not everything will be UTF-8.

Peter

Hmm, I just thought that maybe Galaxy has some clever way of interpreting environmental variables. It's not terribly important to get this right. I guess I'll just add a remark to the parameter help then.

Wolfgang