Hi Dave,

You are right that on closer inspection I've mixed tool_dependencies.xml
and repository_dependencies.xml *again*. Evidentially my mental model
does not match Greg's here:

(*) I need to define a tool installation recipe for something not in the
Tool Shed --> write an install script called tool_dependencies.xml

(*) I need to depend on a Python package by pointing at another repository
in the Tool Shed --> repository_dependencies.xml

(*) I need to depend on a datatype package by pointing at another repository
in the Tool Shed --> repository_dependencies.xml

(*) I need to depend on a binary package by pointing at another repository
in the Tool Shed --> repository_dependencies.xml ? No. You need
tool_dependencies.xml for this too.

But that aside, the test framework error here is completely unhelpful.

Why is there no error message about missing a dependency?
Was there an error from running my tool which was not shown?