Hi all,

In a tool that I am writting I want to pass an input parameter value
(string) into the output file's metadata. Meaning that one of the tool
parameters is a barcode signature, 'NNWTGXN' for example. I want that
attribute to be stored somehow in the output file in order to be read by a
subsequent tool without the user having to set that parameter again.

The files I'll be working with are in FASTQ, BAM and tabular format.

Is it possible?

Bests,
Nikos