Much appreciated - thanks again for the diagnosis and helping me confirm
that I was not fat-fingering anything on my end!

Currently I have a c3.4xlarge instance that booted directly from the AWS
console using the current AMI referenced on the cloudlaunch page. It's
waiting at the cloudman admin interface for my currently running cluster
to finish the EBS snapshot process needed to instantiate a shared
cluster. I just need to feed it the shared cluster string but the EBS
snapshot is going pretty slowly.

If I run into issues I'll tear down my hand-launched version and will go
back to cloudlaunch and c3.8xlarge. Thanks!

Regards,
Chris