Well host is probably not enough - it doesn't seem like a good idea to
assume http right? There is the prefix and (trans.request.scheme) that
could be missing. Is trans.request.base what you want? Maybe
trans.request.path_url? It should be possible to recover that from
trans I guess - though I don't know exactly what parts of the request
you need to use.

So this isn't in stable yet - but there is going to be a sanctioned
way for Galaxy deployers to describe what the URL to their Galaxy
instance should be for internal consumption (stuff like docker
containers and Pulsar)
https://bitbucket.org/natefoo/galaxy-central/commits/4348618b4b8dd5f0c6d6cca595e1ff0affb6b3e1.
It will be settable in config/galaxy.ini and accessible via
trans.app.config.galaxy_infrastructure_url. There is a related
attribute trans.app.config.galaxy_infrastructure_url_set which if True
specifies that the deployer actually filled in a value and this is not
Galaxy's best guess at what URL should be used to access it. If it is
false - probably best to fallback to something like trans and the
request if you have it.

Hope this helps some.

-John