I simply removed the ulimit and the jobs complete successfully,
but I still wonder why it does not work and would like to put the ulimit again 
in place.

It happens also with very simple jobs, like filter tool on a 7k region file for 
“chr1”.

thank you very much,
ido 


On 10 Nov 2014, at 11:34, Ido Tamir <ta...@imp.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi,
> I updated to the latest galaxy distribution (after one year). And now
> every job fails with:
> /home/imba/solexa/.profile.sh: line 118: ulimit: virtual memory: cannot 
> modify limit: Operation not permitted
> 
> The limit is ridiculously high:
> ulimit -v 60000000
> 
> Its just to prevent some badly programmed in house galaxy tools to crash the 
> server.
> I think the problem happens after the set_metadata stage.
> 
> Any advice?
> 
> thank you very much,
> ido
> ___________________________________________________________
> Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
> in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
> and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
>  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
> 
> To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
>  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/


___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/

Reply via email to