Hi,

This is a quick follow up about the instructions given by Aysam and Martin,
which may help others (including me ;-).

Indeed I upgraded our galaxy-dist to the last commit and the /client
directory showed up.
To get the instructions working I had to install as root some grunt related
packages, otherwise it failed:
including
$ sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
$ sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo npm -g install grunt
$ sudo npm install -g grunt-cli
Then I had the "grunt watch" working and could make the changes - *opening
another shell session* (I say this because it is not evident for those who
are not familiar with grunt).

Yet the changes still do not show up in the browser.
My guess is that the galaxy configuration model has changed too, with the
creation of a config directory. I suppose that the use of the /client
directory is specified in the new galaxy.ini file which replaces
universe_wsgi.ini in / .

More generally, I did not see instructions on how to move from the old .ini
file*sss* at / to the new configuration model using the /config directory
without crashing the production instance. Is it available somewhere in the
wiki or in a discussion ?

Chris

Christophe Antoniewski

Drosophila Genetics and Epigenetics