The env.sh file is source if you have specified a requirement tag in
your tool that matches your tool_dependencies.xml file.

If you have name="mytool" version="1.0" in your tool_dependencies.xml
file you need to have:

<requirement type="package" version="1.0">mytool</requirement>

in your tool.xml. Please make the package name more meaningful :)

Cheers,
Bjoern