It is certainly the case that Galaxy should be using the latest
version of mercurial given a number of high profile bugs with older
versions. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to just drop the new
version it - there are some API changes that prevent Galaxy from
to Galaxy is low.

I have created a Trello card to track this issue:

https://trello.com/c/9A9uIav0

Let us know if you happen to find a workaround for this issue.

-John