Hi, Björn,
Looks pretty similar!
Aren't the links your notebook generates transient? I think if you put them
into a tool_dependencies.xml, they will fail permanently immediately after
any of the package authors updates one of the relevant svn repositories?

AFAIK, it looks like the whole BioC/CRAN infrastructure is automated so a
link that works today like
http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/Rcpp_0.11.3.tar.gz will fail when Rcpp
next gets updated and Rcpp_0.11.3.tar.gz is migrated to
http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/00Archive/Rcpp/ with a replacement (eg)
http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/Rcpp_0.11.4.tar.gz appearing in the
contrib directory?

That's why my more complex script downloads all the latest archives into my
local github archive repo and generates a permanent link to suit that
github repo.
We definitely need an automated solution as this is a really infuriating
aspect of trying to make code relying on R/BioC packages reproducible.