Hi all - I've got a bunch of fatsq files uploaded into a data library in
Galaxy.  The underlying files is gzipped however Galaxy strips the .gz from
the filename and displays it as .fastq.  When the python wrapper
rgFastQC.py gets called, it correctly sees the fastq.gz file.  The wrapper
creates a symbolic link to the .gz file in a tmp directory.  The link is
.fastq.  When FastQC tries to read this file, it fails because its
compressed.  So one of two things is going wrong here:

1)  It looks like the wrapper is incorrectly renaming the file, but its
using the name given to it in Galaxy.

2)  When the file is uploaded into the data library, Galaxy is stripping
off the .gz extension.

I think #2 is the more correct problem.  How can I keep Galaxy from
stripping the .gz extension?