>From some more testing it appears that the generate_primary_file() is
called when a user manually uploads a composite data type (cdt), but it's
not called when the cdt is generated as a product of a run.   That's fine.
I can work around that.

I am curious about how cdts are uploaded manually, though.  If I select
multiple files to upload as a cdt, they're not linked but instead uploaded
as individual cdts.  Is there a way to upload multiple files as a cdt using
the latest dev galaxy?  (I noticed the file upload gui has changed from
earlier releases, and I'm wondering if support for cdt uploads is now
lacking)

much appreciated,

~brian