I don't think there is a way given the implementation. The name of the
association is repeatname_0|input1  but the | is treated as a special
symbol so it won't be used to get the parameter.

I have opened a PR to allow this:

https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/662

The syntax in the above example would be something like
#{repeatname_0.input1 | basename}.bam after that pull request.

-John