I have been tasked with getting a Galaxy server up and running
for a group at work.
1. No-one can tell me how many users (concurrent or otherwise)
there will be
2. Most of the analyses will be NGS.
3. Tools will be developed in-house but we will use public
domain tools also.
4. There will be a guy running the server/developing tools
pretty much full time.
I have two favoured solutions at the moment:
1. A pipeline processor ( 64 Core, 512G Ram, with DAS of about 150TB ),
and a Web server to act as frontend and database server, and another,
smaller box for a total install of galaxy, but doing only the
2. An all-in-one server with 128 Cores, 1TB ram, DAS storage of 150TB,
and development work done on a VM.
Any input would be hepfull.
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client. To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at: