From: Steve Cassidy [steve.cass...@mq.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 11:41 AM
To: Christian Brenninkmeijer
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] planemo and tool dependencies

Thanks Christian,
  I'm not sure I understand how to make use of this.  My tool dependency is
described in an XML file which is in the same source directory as the tool xml
and python files.  The tool xml file contains:

        <requirement type="package"
version="1.0">python_nltk_tools</requirement>

and the tool_dependencies.xml file contains the definition:

<tool_dependency>
    <package name="python_nltk_tools" version="1.0">

how do I tell planemo to tell galaxy that it should refer to this tool
dependency file to resolve the requirement? At the moment it's loading all of
the tools but doesn't seem to be concerned that the requirement isn't met.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

On 3 September 2015 at 18:06, Christian Brenninkmeijer
<christian.brenninkmei...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:christian.brenninkmei...@manchester.ac.uk>>
 wrote:
Hi,

I wrote an extension that will help planemo pull in tool dependencies.

See
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/blob/master/lib/galaxy/tools/deps/resolvers/unlinked_tool_shed_packages.py

It is for when the dependency was installed into galaxy but where planemo is
not using the database to find that tool.

It works my helping planemo guess where the tool dependency may be.

Hope that helps.
Christian
University of Manchester
From: galaxy-dev