Good afternoon John,

We are running a self defined workflow in Galaxy and have a unique history for
each dataset we are working on.  This workflow is run repeatedly to tackle an
entire dataset, requiring the user the use Galaxy multiple times with other
steps outside of Galaxy.

The user enters via a web app, and we would like to bring the user into their
Galaxy account with the correct history loaded for the dataset they are trying
to process.
Is there a way to specify the history when starting Galaxy, not just use the
last one from the previous session?

Thanks,
Bob

----- Original Message -----From: John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com>To:
rbrown1422@comcast.netCc: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.orgSent: Wed, 09 Sep
2015 15:32:39 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Opening Galaxy with a
specified History Name

Can you please elaborate on what will be driving this? You cancertainly create
a history and run jobs with the API. It sounds likewhat you want though is an
external web application or something thatwill have a link to create a new
history for the current users'ssession. I'm not sure this is currently
supported since this wouldn'tinvolve the API but it can probably be hacked
together for yourapplication.

-John

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM, <rbrown1...@comcast.net> wrote:> To all,> I
would like to open a Galaxy session programmatically (schedule Galaxy with>
their user name and password) and have the Galaxy session open with a> history
name I specify. So if there was work done previously under that> history name,
those output files will appear in the history window --> without the user
having to change the history name manually to see them.> Is this possible?>
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"> in your mail client.
To manage your subscriptions to this> and other Galaxy lists, please use the
interface at:> https://lists.galaxyproject.org/>> To search Galaxy mailing