It looks like you can specify a tool or workflow to jump straight to
but not a history. The following pull request
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/725) extends this
functionality to include histories.

You will need the encoded history ID as returned by the workflow and
history API to use this - e.g. on my test laptop the following URL
worked to switch histories after applying the patch in the pull
request - http://localhost:8080/root?history_id=1cd8e2f6b131e892.

Hope this helps,
-John