Hi Fernandez,

> Guys, I can express how thankful I am for your help!!!
>

> Personally, I would comment out the following line in the tbl2asn code:
>

> 8869
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/source/demo/tbl2asn.c#L8869>
> if (MoreThanYearOld
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/ident?i=MoreThanYearOld>
> ()) {
>
> 8870
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/source/demo/tbl2asn.c#L8870>
> too_old = TRUE
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/ident?i=TRUE>;
>
> 8871
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/source/demo/tbl2asn.c#L8871>
> Message
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/ident?i=Message> (
> MSG_POST
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/ident?i=MSG_POST>, *"This
> copy of tbl2asn is more than a year old.  **Please download the current
> version."*);
>
> 8872
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/ToolBox/C_DOC/lxr/source/demo/tbl2asn.c#L8872>
> }
>

> In the meantime, would you suggest I change the files located inside my
> galaxy installation?
>
> Or should I wait for Philip’s release?

I would replace the files. We (The IUC, specifically Björn and myself) have
talked about solutions to this problem but haven't finished building them
yet.

> I ask because I found the following binary files:
>
> -rwxr-x--- 1 galaxy users 7349340 Sep 15 08:52
>

> ./tool-data/toolshed.dependency.dir/tbl2asn/23.7/takadonet/package_tbl2asn_23_7/2271d52a8531/bin/tbl2asn
>

> -rwxrwxr-x 1 galaxy users 12675348 Jul 28  2014
>

> ./tool-data/toolshed.dependency.dir/prokka/1.10/crs4/prokka/3ad7ef0ba385/binaries/darwin/tbl2asn
>

> -rwxrwxr-x 1 galaxy users 6872896 Jul 28  2014
>

> ./tool-data/toolshed.dependency.dir/prokka/1.10/crs4/prokka/3ad7ef0ba385/binaries/linux/tbl2asn
>
> Oddly, they’re all different.
>
> What exactly can I do with this and how can I compile the tblasn.c file?

You can fetch a precompiled version of tbl2asn here:
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/toolbox/ncbi_tools/converters/by_program/tbl2asn/

I recommend replacing all of those (or just the first and last, assuming
you're on linux) as (eventually) none of them will work.

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to fix this.

> Cordialement / Regards,
>
> Edgar Fernandez

Cheers,
Eric