Hi Damian,

30. okt. 2015 9.43 p.m. skrev Damian Birchler <dam...@damianbirchler.net>:

> Hi list
>
> I'm looking to get involved in Galaxy as a developer and I was wondering
> whether you could point me to one (a few) bugs that you consider having
> a go at would be a good entry point into developing for Galaxy.
>
> I know Python and a bit of Javascript (not familiar with Javascript
> libraries, though) and almost nothing of bioinformatics - altought I'm
> eager to learn more about just that.

Great! That's excellent news.

We're currently migrating some of our issues to github from trello.
You might be interested in those tagged beginner-friendly
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/labels/beginner-friendly

Generally whoever tagged one of those as beginner friendly should be able to
provide guidance and answer questions you might have.

> Unfortunately I couldn't access the Trello card mentioned at
> https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/blob/dev/CONTRIBUTING.md under
> before you begin with "with links to smaller issues we believe would
> make the best entry points for new developers" - if I access this link
> nothing happens for quite a while and then Firefox asks me whether I
> want to kill an unresponsive script.

Heh, that happens to me with trello too, it does not play nicely with my out of
date work desktop.

> Thanks,
> Damian

Ciao,