Hi Amos,

As Hans-Rudolf said, if you really have lost the database and its
backups, there is not much you can do.

If you have just a few very valuable datasets that have to be
recovered, I would look at the file dates (guided by the automatically
incremented dataset numbers), sizes, and look at the data to check
the contents (everything will be named *.dat as the extension,
other than complex datatypes).

Peter