Hi,

I'm hoping you can help out with a problem we are experiencing uploading files
to our own Galaxy instance.

When a user tries to upload a file to Galaxy through their web browser, the job
errors out:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/gpfs/fs1/sfw/cibem_galaxy/app/galaxy/tools/data_source/upload.py",
line 430, in <module>
    __main__()
  File "/gpfs/fs1/sfw/cibem_galaxy/app/galaxy/tools/data_source/upload.py",
line 407, in __main__
    for line in open( sys.argv[3], 'r' ):
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/scratch/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/galaxy/tmp/tmpSlG2pC'

The permissions on the referenced file:
-rw-------+ 1 rlemley      rlemley      317 Mar  7 13:42 tmpSlG2pC

As the Galaxy daemons run as XXXXXX_galaxy, it does not have permission to read
the file.

I tried modifying external_chown_script.py so that XXXXXX_galaxy has permission
to read that file, but that caused problems elsewhere so I backed out the
changes.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

-Rob