On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM, John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are running jobs as "the real user" with drmaa (using the chown
> script)  - you will probably want to setup a separate job destination
> using the local runner for upload jobs. The upload tool uses files
> that are created outside of Galaxy and these aren't modeled well.
>
> Does this help?
>
> -John

We found the opposite - if using "the real user", the Galaxy v16.01
would do a chown on the datafiles for DRMAA jobs (good) but also
for local jobs (bad):

http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/external-chown-script-py-and-the-local-job-runner-tt4668738.html

I will reply on that thread now with an update...