I'm setting up a Galaxy instance on a new server and am having some issues
with BAM file uploads. I'm using the BAM files supplied with JBrowse for
testing purposes. I have Galaxy installed on my laptop and file uploads are
working fine, so it's evidently an issue with the server and/or OS
configuration.

Attempting to upload a BAM file returns the message

"The uploaded binary file contains inappropriate content"

and the upload is empty.

The server is running Scientific Linux and uses the Environment Modules
system for dependency management. I can successfully upload bed and bigwig
files, which suggests that samtools is being loaded and functioning
correctly.

If someone can suggest some troubleshooting steps, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!
Amelia

Integrated Microbial Genomics (IMG)
JGI / LBL