Hello Hans-Rudolf,

Thank you for your input!

1) By active users I'm thinking closer to one workflow per day (as an average,
in reality I expect the workflows to come in batches spread out across the
month). But we do have scalable IT infrastructure here, so that should help
with changing loads.
2) Not sure what you mean by "external" data - they should definitely have the
option to upload their own datasets, but I imagine that's the default option?
If you mean connecting Galaxy to existing dataset repositories (e.g.,
sequencing centers) - I'm still exploring this need.
3) Regarding training, the baseline should be a workshop every semester (for
newly-arrived graduate students), which is not that much, now that I think
about it. But again, I wonder what other universities have implemented in this
regard.
4) Regarding tools, good question! My own lab does NGS (mostly SNP calling and
analysis), and I got to do some de novo assembly, but the University is
large(-ish?) and ultimately I expect a diverse set of requirements from the
various labs. But even for our own narrow purposes, we'd like the updated GATK
tools, better SnpEff integration, etc. So I do expect a relatively high demand
for tool integration.
5) We do have an IT department, so they'll handle running the hardware itself.
We may also want to recruit Galaxy admins from the IT ranks.

Regarding two full time positions - is this the standard (or average) in Galaxy
set ups? I'm mostly concerned that after the initial set up and user growth
stages there won't be enough work left.