Hi,

I'm trying to install Galaxy version 16.07 on a cluster with the PBS job
scheduler that is using glibc version 2.12. The following error message
suggests that pbs-python needs at least glibc version 2.14 -

    assert pbs is not None, PBS_IMPORT_MESSAGE

AssertionError: The Python pbs-python package is required to use this
feature, please install it or correct the following error:

ImportError /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by
/panfs/panasas01/dedicated-galaxy/galaxy/galaxy/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pbs/_pbs.so)

I'm told by an administrator of the cluster that updating to glibc version
2.14 or higher would require a major overhaul of all the software on the
cluster. Does anybody have a workaround for this problem? Could a newer
version of glibc be used next to version 2.12 just for installation
purposes?

Thanks for your help, David