My apologies. I mis-spoke. (Mis-typed?)

The wiggles program is in the TopHat distribution:

$ ls
AUTHORS            fix_map_ordering    sam_juncs
COPYING            gtf_juncs        segment_juncs
README            juncs_db        sra_to_solid
bed_to_juncs        library_stats        tophat
closure_juncs        long_spanning_reads    tophat_reports
contig_to_chr_coords    mask_sam        wiggles
extract_reads        prep_reads

Very sorry for the mixup.

I am cc-ing Adam Baxter, who modified wiggles to run like so:

samtools view accepted_hits.bam | wiggles > coverage.wig

If you would like a copy of his modified version, feel free to contact him
directly.

-Ann