Hello,

I think I know the answer (sort of) to this question.

This may be because newer versions of tophat stopped running the "wiggles"
program, which is still part of the tophat distribution and is the program
that makes the "coverage.wig" file.

A later version of tophat might bring this back, however - there's a note to
this effect in the tophat python code.

So if you can run wiggles, you can make the "coverage.wig" file on your own.

A student here at UNC Charlotte (Adam Baxter) made a few changes to the
"wiggles" source code that would allow you to use it with samtools to make a
"coverage.wig" file from the "accepted_hits.bam" file that TopHat creates.

If you (or anyone else) would like a copy, please email Adam, who is cc'ed
on this email.

We would be happy to help add it to Galaxy if this would be of interest to
you or other Galaxy users.

If there is any way we can be of assistance, please let us know!

Very best wishes,

Ann Loraine

--
Ann Loraine