Hello Daniel,

Currently this is not possible through the Galaxy UI, but is is an excellent functionality suggestion that our team has been considering implementing.

As a work-around for now, all of the genomes in Galaxy come from external public sources: UCSC and others. The genome name/annotation tags should help you to find the source we used. If there is a particular genome that you are having trouble finding, please let us know and we can provide a direct pointer.

Thanks for using Galaxy!

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team