Illumina's technical support team told me two weeks ago that Cassava 1.8 will not be released for at least six weeks. That makes it at least a month from now.

Do you know anyone outside the company that has used it yet? Beyond the moaning within the cited seqanswers thread, I'd be interested in hearing any first-hand impressions.

Eric