I noticed that for our new Ilumina data (which generate Sanger format) the
FastQ groomer output is identical to the Ilumina FastQ input file.

I was hoping to go ahead and just use the raw FastQ files as input (saving disk
space) for computing quality statistics to look at box plots, but it appears
that the tool "Compute Quality Statistics" appears to require that the data
have been run through FastQ Groomer first.

Is there a way to get around this and is this a bug? I assuming this is some
sort of safety measure built into this tool?

 -John