From: "Alessandro Albiero [via GMOD]"
<ml-node+s827538n3400188...@n3.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s827538n3400188...@n3.nabble.com>>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:10:22 +0100
To: "graham etherington (TSL)"
<graham.ethering...@sainsbury-laboratory.ac.uk<mailto:graham.ethering...@sainsbury-laboratory.ac.uk>>
Subject: Possible to browse local filesystem

Dear all,

We are setting up a galaxy istance on our server (HPC Cluster with torque and
PBS) for internal use.
Our problem is that we manage only NGS data (SOLiD and Illumina Data) that are
already stored on the server. When we connect to galaxy with our clients we are
not able to browse the server file system. Having the possibility to browse the
server filesystem would be the best solution for us!!
We have look for this funtion but it seems it is not possible...

Now, we tried to set up the user directory but adding new file and re-uploading
the dir we found duplicated files (it seems that galaxy re-upload every time
all the files ignoring if some are already present. This method is OK for us
but how can we avoid the file duplications ?

In a presentation found on web (blankenberg_pittsburg_2001), we saw that there
is the possibility to automatically upload the sequenced reads on Galaxy (and
let them available to all our user). Where can we find information for doing
this ?

All the best

Alessandro

--
Alessandro Albiero

http://genomics.cribi.unipd.it<http://genomics.cribi.unipd.it/>
http://genomics.cribi.unipd.it/index.php/User:Albiero
Phone. <a href="tel:%2B39.%20049%20827-6165" value="+390498276165"
target="_blank">+39. 049 827-6165
Fax.   <a href="tel:%2B39.%20049%20827-6159" value="+390498276159"
target="_blank">+39. 049 827-6159