Best regards,

Jen
Galaxy team

On 12/6/11 2:31 PM, Scroggins, Sheena wrote:
Thanks for responding. I would like to upload the genome to Galaxy, but I'm not
sure how to combine all the fa files into one file. The Zebrafish genome from
Ensembl comes in 27 separate .fa files. How do I combine these so that when I
upload them to Galaxy, I can use the whole genome as my reference genome?

Thanks,
Sheena

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Jackson [mailto:j...@bx.psu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:58 AM
To: Scroggins, Sheena
Cc: galaxy-u...@bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-user] Uploading Genome from Ensembl

Hello Sheena,

If you concern with using the UCSC version of the database has to do with the
chromosome naming and downstream Cufflinks analysis using Ensembl's reference
GTF files, please see #5 on our FAQ, which demonstrates how to modify an
Ensembl GTF file to be compatible with the UCSC chromosome naming (slight
changes may be needed for each particular
genome):
http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/jeremy/p/transcriptome-analysis-faq

If there is another reason, please know that custom reference genomes (in fasta
format) can be uploaded using FTP following this method:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Learn/Upload%20via%20FTP

Hopefully this helps,

Best,

Jen