Hi Greg,

This is a problem with the default client_max_body_size option in nginx being
set far too small in the nginx.conf on the cloud AMI.  It'll be fixed with our
next AMI update, but to fix it you have to edit the nginx.conf on your cloud
node to change the client_max_body_size to something more appropriate for
Galaxy uploads and then restart the nginx process.

You'd have to do it for every instance, unfortunately, since that section of
the filesystem is not persisted after shutdown.  As a workaround the URL upload
will work correctly with any size file if you're able to host the file you want
to upload somewhere local, or you could use FTP upload and that should also
function correctly.

-Dannon