Hello Elwood,

Just to double check (although you have probably already seen it), when using the FTP client, the same basic steps from this wiki were followed? Also please that you can FTP compressed data: http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/FTPUpload

Moving data from the FTP transfer area on the "Get Data" form into a history can take a variable amount of time. Size of the data is one factor. How busy Galaxy is is another. Galaxy has been very busy today.

Please give you data some more time to complete the transfer. If the jobs times out or ends in an error, please send a bug report (click on green bug icon).

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team